As the temperature drops and frost adorns the windows, there's nothing quite like the comfort of a warming beverage to thaw your spirits.
Hot Mulled Gin
When it's cold outside and cozy within, warm your cockles with Whitby Mulled Gin. This delightful concoction of apple juice, Yorkshire honey, and the aromatic touch of spices, paired with the distinct flavour of Whitby Gin, is the perfect way to embrace the winter chill.
- 100ml apple juice
- 2 tbsp Yorkshire honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Small chunk of ginger
- 50ml Whitby Gin
- Slice of orange zest and cinnamon stick (for serving)
- Heat apple juice with honey, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, and ginger.
- Once simmering, pour into a vessel and add Whitby Gin.
- Garnish with orange zest and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Craft Gin Club's Lighthouse Toddy
Embrace the warmth of a coastal evening with Craft Gin Club's Lighthouse Oddy. This unique blend of Whitby Gin The Demeter Edition, heated white wine, and a beautifully spiced mulled syrup captures the essence of a lighthouse keeper's comfort on a cold night.
- 25ml Whitby Gin The Demeter Edition
- 100ml white wine
- 15ml mulled syrup (recipe below)
- Your choice of spices or citrus fruit from the mulled syrup, to garnish
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- ½ star anise
- ½ vanilla pod
- Peel of ½ an orange
- Peel of 1/3 of a lemon
- 300ml water
- Equal parts caster sugar
- Simmer spices in water for 10-15 minutes, strain, and measure.
- Add equal parts sugar, stir, and cool.
- Warm up white wine, add gin and syrup. Stir, garnish, and enjoy!
Hot Buttered Rum
Wrap your hands around a mug of Hot Buttered Rum for the taste of Christmas in a cup. This sweetly spiced, buttery concoction, with notes of vanilla, is like sipping on a festive cookie. Perfect for those chilly evenings that call for a bit of indulgence.
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) batter, plus more to taste
- 2 oz dark rum
- Sweetened whipped cream and ground nutmeg (for garnish)
- Make batter: Heat ingredients until melted, stir in vanilla.
- For each cocktail, combine hot water with a quarter of the batter in a mug, stir.
- Add rum, stir, taste, and adjust sweetness or spiciness with more batter.
- Top with whipped cream and nutmeg. Enjoy the warmth!
So, gather 'round, sip, and let the toasty flavors of the season envelop you in a blanket of contentment.